This article explains how to prepare your wheezo®for first-time use.
- The wheezo® device is powered by a built-in rechargeable battery. Before using it for the first time, plug one end of the micro USB charging cable supplied into the USB charging port (5) and the other end into a compliant AC adaptor. It is recommended to charge it for up to three hours before first use. A fully charged battery typically lasts up to 20 recordings.
- While charging, the wheezo®’s LED indicator (3) will flash green.
When it is fully charged, the LED indicator (3) will display solid green.
- Download the respiriTM app from the App Store or Google Play and launch it to connect the breath sensor to the app. (You may refer to How do I download the respiri app on my phone? for guidance on how to download the respiriTM app)
- Enable Bluetooth® on your mobile device. Allow the app to access and use Bluetooth® and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Remove wheezo®’s protective cap (1) and turn it ON by holding the power button (6) down until the LED indicator (3) flashes blue indicating it is ready to pair with your smart device/phone.
In case you have difficulty pairing your wheezo® device to your phone, you may need to reset wheezo® pairing mode by following the instructions indicated on this page How do I reset wheezo pairing mode?
- When wheezo® and your smart device are paired, the LED indicator (3) will display solid blue.
For further assistance, contact email@example.com
wheezo® is not intended for diagnostic use. wheezo® is intended to detect and record abnormal breath sounds (continuous adventitious breath sounds/CABS) at the windpipe (trachea), reported as WheezeRate in adults and children (2 years and older).
When used to monitor wheeze, the user should be under the care of a licensed healthcare professional. A licensed healthcare professional’s advice is required to understand the meaning and importance of wheeze rate.
If the user is feeling breathless, or experiencing other symptoms, it is important to prioritise treatment over taking a wheeze rate. Do not delay treatment. Regardless of the wheeze rate, if the user has signs and symptoms such as, but not limited to, chest tightness, shortness of breath, coughing or wheezing, they should always follow their healthcare professional’s advice.